HOME CHRONICLES: Tips On How To Make A Cozy, But Fresh Master Bedroom

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Tips On How To Make A Cozy, But Fresh Master Bedroom


Well guys, it's winter, and I hear that it's going to be sticking around for awhile. Between the winter and the crazy pills (aka the Progesterone I am on for ten days so we can have a baby) I was feeling a little "not myself". So, I decided to go for a little shop therapy. I figured that was better than eating a whole bag of chocolate. Oh, wait, I did that first. Oops! 


I decided to stop and you know, just walk around and "look" (and we all know what that means) at this huge antique shop that I rarely ever get to go to. Ps. thanks for going shopping with me on my Instagram stories if you follow me over there. If you missed it I left the stories in my highlights so you can check it out if you want to. 

The antique shop is full of goodies I would love to bring home and find a place for. I had a hard time deciding between a little ladder and this crate. The crate won out because I don't have one of these and I already have a little ladder like the one I was looking at, and I am so glad I went with the crate because I had so much fun styling it all up for a little snack break with the hubbs. Now I want breakfast in bed served to me with the crate. One day it will happen.



The details on this guy is was really sold me on him. The rusty nail holes, the splash of green paint on the side, and then on the tag it said that their family had used this crate to pick berries. 


Guys I am about to get real honest with you, my bedroom has been rough lately. Like roooouugggghhh guys! It just gets so disheveled so quickly with trash and clothes and pillows tossed everywhere. I had to have a come to Jesus moment with myself, and decide that I just can't take a messy room anymore. So I went for it and cleaned it all up. I found homes for clothes that didn't have a home, and I found a home for pillows while they aren't on our bed, and I restyled it to hopefully motivate me to keep it clean. 


I also used lots of layered textures to make our room feel extra cozy, and make it feel like a space I enjoy and want to be in. My new signs that I got from my sweet friend Hannah @house_to_home_signs completely inspired me for this renovation, too. They are so beautifully and so perfectly paid. I just love how the black lettering pops against the white background, and then the brown stain just pulls everything together. 


I mentioned above that I restyled things, and kind of gave it a face lift to inspire me keep it lookin' good. So far we are 1/1 because I actually made the bed and kept things clean today. Yay! Now I just need to keep it up for three mores weeks to make a pattern.


I love waking up and being reminded to be thankful! "Give thanks to the LORD for His is Good! Psalm 107:1


Taking down the Christmas greenery was a little sad, but adding some fresh pops of greenery felt so refreshing to the space. 


"Love each other as I have loved you"



Layering textures in this case layering the blankets on top of each other, and then the added texture from the tea towel just ended up creating a cozy feel to the space. 


I was so glad to bring my lavender and lambs ear back out. In the baskets above the side tables I added some fresh eucalyptus. 



Neutral decor with pops of green is my favorite. Lately, I have been adding pops of black and white too. I think it brings a nice contrast to the space.


The "hey there gorgeous", and "hello there handsome" pillows are from my friend Joey @simplytooshabby


This white blanket with the scalloped edges is one of my new Ikea finds. The black and white pillow inserts and covers are also from Ikea.



This french provincial dresser was my great grandmas and she passed it down to me. I have been wanting to try layering on the window. So when I found the big white tobacco basket at Hobby Lobby, I knew it would layer well with my new sign.



I never thought I would use this little bench at the end of my bed so much, but my hubby and I use it all of the time.


I hope you are all having a great weekend and are staying motivated! 

Thanks for stopping bye,

Adele




No comments: