HOME CHRONICLES: Gather Thanksgiving Tablescape Tutorial

Monday, November 13, 2017

Gather Thanksgiving Tablescape Tutorial



What is it about tablescapes that I love so much? I think it might be the fact that they make me feel like my home looks so fancy. Is that silly? But honestly, it makes me feel like I am at a restaurant. Plus, one of my favorite things is to have people over for dinner and games. This tablescape was inspired by my new gather sign from Country Pines Farm. Once I found some inspiration I started to build the tablescape. Tablescapes can actually be challenging sometimes, but over the last year I have been practicing so I thought it might be helpful to share some things I have learned. So you can make your own beautiful tablescape and invite your friends over or have a wonderful (fancy) family dinner.

Step 1) Clear off the table so you have a blank slate to work with. This is a vital step for me because I feel like I can't fully see the space I am working with unless its all cleared off.




Step 2) Gather everything you want to incorporate into your tablescape. This could be items like plates, napkins, silverware, chargers, cutting boards, candles, or whatever you are wanting to use. For this tablescape I focused my whole color scheme and design around the focus point, which was the gather sign. I was also inspired by these cute white fabric pumpkins from Terra_cottage.



Step 3) Start to place the bigger pieces like the chargers and the plates, and whatever goes on the plates like if you have a napkin or a little appetizer plate that goes on top of the big plate. Then put your focal piece (if you have one) where ever you want it to go






























Step 4) Then you can place whatever "filler" pieces go down. For example, this could be pumpkins, apples, pomegranates, greenery, candles, etc.



Step 5) Feel free to move things around and try different placements for things. Most of the time when I create a space I usually try it two different ways and then decide which one I love the most.

Step 6) Enjoy your time with your friends and family.

No comments: